Are you passionate about branding and the European travel experience? We’re looking for an experienced Brand Manager with a creative drive to help us define and implement our branding strategy and shape the positioning for the Interrail and Eurail brands. You’ll help create innovative brand marketing campaigns and bring our product proposition to life.
Eurail and Interrail Passes are synonymous with European rail travel and unlocking the cultural richness and diversity of Europe. Our brands have enabled millions of travellers from all around the world to explore the best of Europe. A Eurail or Interrail journey is a truly unique experience and we constantly work to improve our product and brand proposition for our international customers. With our multicultural and passionate team, we believe that creative thinking and diversity helps to improve our brands and ultimately create a unique experience for our customers, and one that they will want to repeat.
As Global Brand Manager creativity comes naturally to you and you take an entrepreneurial approach. You are keen to bring your experience and skills to the role, as well as to innovate in a fast-paced and changing environment in order to have maximum impact on the organisation and visibility for our brands.
As the successful candidate, you will ensure inspiration and consistency in communications and the application of the brand values internally and across multiple customer touch points. You report to the Head of Marketing. As part of the Marketing Team you will enjoy a diverse, collaborative and international environment where your ideas and experience will be valued just as much as your ability to get things done.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Brand Strategy: Develop and manage the global brand strategy and support for local market strategies. Help bring our product proposition to life and translate the brand strategy into brand action plans, brand positioning, and market strategies, taking into consideration consumer, channel, business and stakeholders’ needs and communication of brand values and USPs.
- Campaign Management & Planning: Define & deliver targeted brand campaigns across varied customer touch points and worldwide segments, working across different marketing channels to deliver a coordinated, impactful campaign which enhances the customer experience and engagement.
- Production: Create effective written communication, and constructively support the development of brand assets (i.e. print, audio, visual, images).
- Brand parameters: Maintain oversight of the contractual and legal framework relevant to brand protection, including online brand protection in relation to SEM and domain protection.
- Agency management: Brief and manage creative agencies and other third-party suppliers. You will be comfortable working with agencies and bring your own network of proven and trusted suppliers.
- Insights and analysis: Develop and optimise brand monitoring tools to evaluate performance, analyse results and propose actions for improvement. Measure and report performance of the brand activities against measurable targets (ROI and KPIs), and monitor customer reactions and competitors’ activities to identify opportunities and challenges.
- Stakeholder relationships: Successfully navigate the complexities of a multi-stakeholder environment while working within a fast-paced setting. Co-operate with team members to align plans and activities and ensure strategic alignment across key stakeholders on brand decisions and tactics.
- Budget management: Manage project budgets and ensure sound procurement practices with potential suppliers and partners.
Required Competencies and Skills
- Entrepreneurial, with the ability to creatively think out of the box and inspire the wider team and stakeholders.
- Confident, committed, and experienced in presenting and persuading senior-level stakeholders.
- Solid project management, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- You take a data-driven and customer-centric approach, approaching all projects with the end-customer in mind.
- Strong analytical skills which enable you to analyse and draw accurate conclusions from multiple sources of data.
- Able to work with multiple stakeholders to drive projects forward in a multicultural environment where processes can be challenged and improved.
- Organised and able to plan and manage multiple projects, while ensuring timely and on-budget delivery.
- You can be detail-oriented and hands-on, while not losing sight of the strategic ‘big picture’.
Required Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an associated field.
- Minimum five years of brand management and marketing experience is essential, ideally in the travel and tourism industry or for lifestyle products with high perceived value, or within an innovative creative agency.
- Proven ability to develop effective brand and marketing strategies for both B2C and B2B, as well as experience in end-to-end delivery of campaigns and adaptation for local markets (global vs. local).
- Strong knowledge and experience with both digital and offline platforms are essential, combined with experience gained from either in-house or agency environment.
- Sound understanding of the (EU) brand management legal environment (i.e. trademark and domain), with particular consideration for brand protection and competition law.
- A track record with below the line marketing. You know what an impactful brand campaign looks like and can optimise available resources.
- Experience building customer community and enhancing customer loyalty is a benefit.
- Industry know-how: up-to-date with the latest trends and brand best practices, technologies and methodologies in design and production.
- Multi-cultural mindset is a must. Experience working in an international environment is beneficial.
- Fluent in English, native or near-native for both written and verbal communication. Additional languages are an advantage.
- 1-year fixed-term contract with the option to indefinite prolongation.
- Attractive monthly salary plus annual holiday allowance and rail-travel benefits.
- Requires a willingness to travel.
- Start ASAP.
Please apply by clicking on the following link: https://eurail.easycruit.com/vacancy/application/2291553/146533
If you have any questions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eurail is committed to cultural diversity and welcomes applications from international candidates.