Rail Traffic Information
Current information rail traffic, maintenance, and potential disruptions.
Current rail traffic information and updates
For more details about current rail traffic information and potential disruptions, please see below information from the railway company’s websites:
Fire near Rovezzano causing delays in train circulation: Refund for Trenitalia tickets
A fire that occurred on July 22nd 2019 near Rovezzano (Florence) caused considerable delays in train circulation. In case of cancelled trains, or in case customers renounced to travel because of the event, full refund of tickets can be requested.
Requests can be made at the Trentalia ticket office until July 28th 2019 or online here. The refund will be issued immediately.
National strike: Trenitalia trains may be subject to cancellation or changes 24.07.2019
From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Wednesday July 24th, Trenitalia trains may be subject to cancellation or changes due to a national strike. Trenitalia FRECCE high speed trains will run regularly during the strike.
Please find the list of all the other long haul trains that are cancelled here.
Services guaranteed in case of strike:
- Regional train connections, but slight changes to the train schedules are possible.
Essential services have been set up for regional transportation during the busiest hours from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. and from 18 p.m. to 21 p.m.
- The connection between Roma Termini and Fiumicino airport will be guaranteed.
- Trains that are running while the strike already started will arrive at their final destination if it can be reached within one hour from the beginning of the strike; after this period, the trains may stop at stations prior to their final destination.
Since unforeseeable changes could occur during the strike (e.g. changes of itineraries for long-distance trains), it is important to pay the utmost attention to the announcements made in the stations and by media.
Traffic interruption between Chambéry and Modane 02.07.2019 – 08.08.2019
Due to landslides near Mondane, Euronight trips on the Thello train 200 Venice-Paris and Euronight Thello train 201 Paris-Venice are unavailable until the 8th August 2019 from Monday to Friday. For trips on Saturday and Sunday no impacts on circulation are foreseen.
Possible cancellations, connections with replacement buses or deviations causing time-table changes in France may occur from Monday to Friday. Please check any update on the Thello website.
Thalys train traffic may be subject to change due to track works 11.05.2019 - 30.09.2019
- 11.05.2019 to 26.05.2019 – Even trains and the TH9437 are impacted by works on the German route. Trains will not serve the Essen and Duisburg stations.
- 18.05.2019 to 19.05.2019 and 25.05.2019 to 26.05.2019 – Due to works on the Dutch route, the timetables are adapted. Trains will not serve the Antwerp station.
- 07.06.2019 to 09.06.2019 – Odd trains to Dortmund have a longer travel time from Düsseldorf.
- 08.06.2019 to 09.06.2019 – Due to works on the Dutch route, the timetables are adapted. Trains will not serve the Antwerp station.
- 09.06.2019 – No traffic between Brussels and Amsterdam.
- 10.06.2019 to 13.07.2019 – The TH9393 and TH9395 timetables are adapted between Paris Nord and Brussels-Midi.
- 22.06.2019 to 23.06.2019 – Trains will not serve the Cologne and Düsseldorf airport stations. Delays of 15 minutes may occur.
- 29.06.2019 to 30.06.2019 – Due to works on the Dutch route, there are limitations on some trains. Trains will not serve the Amsterdam Central station.
- 05.07.2019 to 08.07.2019 – Thalys trains are limited to Cologne on the German route.
- 13.07.2019 to 25.08.2019 – Trains are diverted via Oberhausen on the German route. The TH9437 et TH9484 are limited to Cologne on the German route.
- 14.07.2019 to 04.08.2019 – The TH9388 andTH9395 timetables are adapted between Paris Nord and Brussels-Midi.
- 16.08.2019 – The TH9334 is delayed between Brussels-Midi and Paris Nord.
- 26.08.2019 to 30.08.2019 – Foresee the anticipated departure of the TH9424 and TH9472. The station of Essen is not served.
- 31.08.2019 to 20.10.2019 – The TH93424 and TH9472, TH9461 timetables are adapted. The station of Essen is not served.
- 06.09.2019 to 13.09.2019 – The TH93424 and TH9472, TH9461 timetables are adapted. The station of Essen is not served.
- 06.09.2019 to 08.09.2019 – Thalys trains are limited to Cologne on the German route.
- 06.09.2019 to 08.09.2019 – Travel times will increase on the Belgium route.
- 20.09.2019 to 22.09.2019 – Due to works on the Dutch route, the timetables are adapted.
- 21.09.2019 – Thalys trains are limited to Cologne on the German route.
- 30.09.2019 – Due to works on the Dutch route, the timetables are adapted.
Closure of Budapest - Keleti station 13.05.2019 - 26.05.2019
The Budapest – Keleti station in Hungary (the main station of international railway traffic) will be closed for reconstruction works from the 13th May to the 26th May 2019. There will be no trains departing or arriving at the station and all services will be suspended during this time. Tickets and reservations issued to/from Budapest – Keleti are valid from new stations instead (click here for a list of all stations).
Trenitalia train traffic changes EC Italy - Switzerland: 10.04.2019 -18.08.2019
Please note the following time-table changes of the EC Italy – Switzerland trains:
- 20.04.2019 to 22.04.2019 – EC 151 will run from Basel to Milan only. The train
will not stop in Frankfurt, Mannheim, Karlsruhe, Baden-Baden and Freiburg.
- 19.04.2019 to 21.04.2019 – EC 52 will run from Milan to Basel only. The train will not stop in Freiburg, Karlsruhe, Mannheim, Frankfurt.
- 06.07.2019 to 18.08.2019 – EC 358 will not stop in Luzern.
- 06.07.2019 to 18.08.2019 – EC 451 will not stop in Luzern.
New rule: door closing on Trenitalia's trains
Please be aware that as per new rule, Trenitalia’s domestic long-haul trains (Frecciarossa, Frecciargento, Frecciabianca, Intercity, and Intercity Night), will close their coach doors: 1 minute before the time of departure. Due to this change, it’s recommended for passengers to arrive earlier.
Furthermore, please check train timetables on Treinitalia app before starting your journeys.
Schedule changes for Serbian Railways: international routes
Please note that there are some changes in Serbian Railways’ train timetable starting from November 9th 2018.
Eurail Group regularly updates the page, but not all maintenance or disruptions are listed as they may be for a short time period only. For real-time travel information, it is best to visit the railway company’s website.